Thursday, February 04, 2010

What did you want to be when you grow up?

I can very vividly remember sitting in Mrs. Vogely's first grade class and everyone discussing what they wanted to be when they grow up. Tommy Breza wanted to be a doctor like his dad, Adam Holloway wanted to be a dinosaur if I remember correctly and I proudly told my class that I wanted to be a Rockette. Of course the dreams were shattered as I capped out a very curvy (not that there's anything wrong with that) 5 foot 2. But now I always wonder, what do I want to be when I grow up. I'll turn 32 in April - gasp - and I'm not sure that I quite have a handle on what the future holds. More children - DEFINITELY - a career - ABSOLUTELY - the time to have my cake and eat it to - I'm starting to have doubts.

I remember clearly my mother telling me repeatedly as a teenager that I was spread too thin and that I couldn't possibly do everything well... something would suffer. So now, as a wife, mother, PR goddess, friend, lover, fighter, aspiring blogger.... what is suffering? or is it a house of cards for now and if I hold my breath it might just all work out.

When I grow up I want to be a PR badass.... a rockin mother and wife that keeps it all together. When I grow up I want to be Superwoman. The realist in me says... not possible ... but the glass half full of me... says heck yeah... go girl... have it all.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

1 comment:

  1. Hmm in 1st grade I think I wanted to be famous. I still kind of want that. Or, I wanted to work at dairy queen. I liked the girl that said high and gave me ice cream. When I grow up... I want to be totally organized, have an amazing job helping people that I LOVE, be an awesome mom, great wife, lovely daughter etc and have awesome jewelry and fashion. Is that too much to ask?

    ReplyDelete